To close the cabinet, place the cover about 15 centimetres to the left (counter clockwise) and then twist to the right until the cover cannot move any further. Please also make sure to enclose the steel hook in the cover when placing the cover when using a Plus, Solid Plus or Solid Plus Heat LED. In the video section on this page a more detailed video can be found regarding the closing of the cabinet.
For the Swift, just place the defibrillator on the metal shelf. The height of the shelf can be adjusted to ensure a visible placement of the device. For the Plus, Solid Plus and Solid Plus Heat, use the two long bolts and pre-drilled holes on the top of the backplate to find the ideal position to hang the defibrillator via its handle or carrying case.
You can check your AED brand and type to find the ideal position in this brochure:
The cover needs no maintenance. For a high-quality appearance, you can clean the cover from time to time with a damp cloth to remove dirt and any residual sand.
The back plate requires no maintenance. It is advisable though to check the rubber ring / seal from time to time to see if it is still flexible and not dehydrated. Especially during long periods of heat, the rubber seal can become drier. If too dry, please lubricate the rubber with a greasy liquid or spray.
Heating & LED lights
The LEDS burn continuously. This makes your AED visible during the dark hours.
The heater works fully automated and will switch on during cold temperatures thanks to the built-in thermostat and controller. Please make sure the socket that powers the heating device will be marked to prevent loss of power.
In case of a malfunction, the LEDs will blink. Your heating device will not work anymore. If so, contact your official Rotaid AED Cabinets distributor for further assistance.
For optimal performance, replace both AAA batteries once every 24 months. Only use Alkaline batteries for optimal performance and life span.
The heating system consumes approximately 220/240 kWh per year. Measured in the Dutch climate.
A warranty of 2 years applies to all products of Rotaid AED Cabinets. This warranty includes the functioning of the cabinet, the cover transparency, the functioning of the alarm system and the working of the heating system. The following conditions apply to this warranty:
• The cabinet is installed according to Rotaid’s installation instructions.
• The cabinets is maintained according to Rotaid’s maintenance instructions.
• The cabinets are bought through certified distributors and partners of Rotaid AED Cabinets.
• For the Rotaid Solid Plus Heat LED the warranty applies only if the system is wired, connected and installed according to the instructions and by using the correct materials that come with the heating system. This includes a certified 24 Volt Transformer, a connector set and certified power cord.
• If non-official and after-market accessories, products or services are mounted / added / used, Rotaid AED Cabinets will not be liable for the functioning, safety and quality of its products and the warranty is terminated.
• The Rotaid installation and maintenance instructions are packed in every box and can additionally be downloaded on Rotaid’s website : www.rotaid.com/support
Use both bolts to hang the AED.
You can check your brand and type to find the ideal position in this overview:
Click here for PDF file:
The serial number can be found here:
Het serienummer van de Rotaid AED kast vindt u hier:
This video guides you through Rotaid's new application 'Rotaid 3D'.
We show what images you need to trigger the app.
Step by step how to operate the app and what possibilities you have.
Now available in the Apple App-store and Google Play-store.